Voted one of Comedy Central’s 100 greatest stand-up comedians of all-time, Robert Schimmel set record ratings for his SHOWTIME and HBO specials and was about to star in his own prime-time television series. Then he hit a few bumps…
He had a heart attack, got cancer, had his television series cancelled before it began, met his soulmate, lost his wife when she found out about the soulmate, got divorced, lost a house, got remarried…though not necessarily in that order.
A lot has happened to Schimmel since 2000. He survived it all, and the result is a hysterical comedy event that marks his triumphant stand-up return. The comedian and best selling author of: Cancer on $5 a Day…How Humor Got Me Through the Toughest Journey of My Life – has plenty to say on everything from raising a 17 year old daughter, bargaining with the Almighty, and how not to make friends with a dolphin.
Recorded in 2008.
- Consistent delivery has made him a regular on several shows, including The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with Conan O’Brien, on which he has appeared seven times.
- In 1994 Schimmel performed at the Edinburgh Festival, where he was nominated for the coveted Perrier Award.
- In 1997, he headlined at Montreal’s ‘Just For Laughs’ the world’s largest international comedy festival.
- In 2000, just prior to his diagnosis with cancer, Schimmel had completed a pilot for FBC which was then commissioned for a full 13 week series. Unfortunately his illness meant the show never aired.
- Robert’s book Cancer on $5 a Day (Chemo Not Included): How Humor Got Me Through the Toughest Journey of My Life, which chronicles his battle with the disease, was published by Da Capo Press in March 2008 and became a Los Angeles Timesbestseller.
- Schimmel’s material almost always pertains to sex, whether he is discussing computers, his daughter, or animals.
- Robert Schimmel was tragically killed in a motor vehicle accident in September 2010.
|DVD||World (ex North/South America)|
|VOD||World (ex North/South America)|
|TV||World (ex North/South America)|
|DIGITAL||World (ex North/South America)|
|Year of recording||2008|
|Subtitles||SWE, DAN, NOR, FIN, DUT|